Friday, March 15, 2013

What "Delays" and "Derails" You?

       I got derailed yesterday. To be quite honest most days could be categorized as "derailed", I've spent the last fifteen years trying to get back on track.

       By "on track" I mean the execution of everyday tasks that results in a life moving forward. I want to be a river, rolling steadily towards my destination. Most days I feel like the ocean tide, crashing on the shore and dispersing all of my energy.

       While yesterday was not a wasted, scattered day it was not the slow steady progression and consistency that I am aiming for.

        Here's what happened; Drama. The night before I had an intense dispute with my husband. We have a lot of issues and my ADD certainly does not make life any easier for either one of us. So, yesterday I spent the day praying and trying to work through some of our issues. It was a day well spent and necessary, but again many of the tasks that I need to accomplish (such as writing here or housework) were scattered like the ocean mist.

       Today I am attempting to collect myself and move forward. I'm still not exactly sure what that looks like, but I'm starting here doing one or two ordinary things. I'm thinking that maybe a list of those "everyday tasks" might be helpful. Nothing crazy detailed, maybe something like;

Pray
Shower
Write
One Cleaning Task
Activity With Girls
Cook

Its embarrassing that many days these simple tasks get skipped, but it is the reality that I'm trying to rise above. I may not be able to prevent the situations that get me derailed but I can have a plan to regroup and hopefully those collected days of accomplishing small tasks will begin to run together and flow like that peaceful river I hope for my life to be.

So, what gets you derailed? Do you have a plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment